With all of the different types of safety seats for children to choose from, more and more parents have decided to simplify things by getting seats that can do it all. Why buy 2 or 3 car seats during your child’s early years when you can buy just one? While infant, convertible, and booster seats are designed to be used for kids of various heights and weights, there is a trend lately to have a seat that can accommodate all three of these into one easy to use and durable option that should last for years. There are several all-in-one car seats worth considering for parent who don’t want to worry about buying multiple seats.
Top All-In-One Safety Seats
We went searching and examined the best convertible car seat reviews to find which models that parents rate the highest. We discovered three child seats that really hit home for owners and get extremely positive feedback.
Right now, this is the top option for these type of car seats. The 4Ever has the functionality to replace an infant, standard convertible, booster, and backless booster seat. It has some amazing features that have struck a chord with Moms and Dads. It is rated for children from 4 to 120 pounds.
- 10 year lifespan: The 4Ever is designed to be the only seat that your child will ever need and it has been engineered to last a whopping 10 years. With soft but durable materials, this seat should withstand the normal wear and tear of even the messiest of kids.
- Safety First: This model has been thoroughly tested to meet or exceed current standards for child safety. It offers excellent side impact protection, has energy absorbing foam, and a reinforced steel frame.
- Two cup holders: This may seem like a little thing, but this feature is something that both kids and parents absolutely love.
- Easy installation: Graco has there own “InRight” system that lets parents know that the seat is installed securely by giving off an audible click.
- Adjustable: This seat was also designed to have the straps on the harness and the recline of the headrest that can be adjusted with just one hand.
Graco has an excellent reputation for making high quality child equipment that is safe, comfortable, and easier on the budget. The 4Ever is a little bit more expensive than most of their convertible seats but since this is the only seat that you will ever need, it won’t be long until it pays for itself. This has gotten very high ratings from parent and it is a safety seat worth looking into.
Evenflo Symphony Elite
The Symphony Elite is a terrific option for parents without a lot of money to spend. Not only do you get a child seat to that can take the place of an infant, booster, and convertible seat, but you get it at an amazing price. This model is rated for children from 5 to 110 pounds it can be purchased for under $200.
- Safety Tested: Just because you are not spending a lot does not mean that you have to cut corners on safety. This seat has been tested and meets or exceeds the standards for child car seats with exceptional side impact protection.
- Easy Installation: This is always a concern for parents, and this model has focused on making the entire process as simple as possible. They boast a 60 second installation procedure that securely connects the seat to your vehicle.
- Convenience: This seat also delivers easy harness adjustment and seat recline. No need to fuss to get the perfect fit. This model also comes with two cup holders to the delight of your child.
At this price point, the Symphony Elite is one tremendous value. This is the main reason why it has gotten such high ratings and reviews from parents. If you are looking for the ultimate budget-friendly all in one seat, this is the model you should be looking at.
Graco Smart Seat
Graco delivers us another excellent all purpose child seat with this model. Although it does not offer a backless booster option, the Smart Seat is rated for children from 5 to 100 pounds.
- Fiver Star Rating: This seat has matched or passed safety standards to ensure your child is protected. It has a steel reinforced integrated frame, energy absorbing foam, and excellent protection from side impacts.
- Installation: This seat is laid out to make installation a breeze. Color coded and simple to follow instructions are designed to make installing and removing the seat from the back of your car as hassle-free as possible.
- Easy Maintenance: The materials are super easy to keep clean and the seat pad can be thrown in the washing machine. This is important if the seat is to stand up to years of daily use.
There are a ton of convenience and safety features engineered into the Smart Seat that make it an excellent choice for parents. It has somewhat of a steep price, around $300, but again, this is something that will pay dividends over the years. This too gets very nice reviews from owners who love its functionality and daily performance.
Child Seat Tips
Even though you may end up buying a very high quality seat, if you are not using it properly then you may be increasing the risk of injury for your child. It is vital to follow the instruction manual that comes with your seat and, if possible, have it checked by a local car seat technician to ensure that everything is done correctly. There are also some standard child seat tips that can prove helpful to those new to using a convertible car seat. Finding something that is both safe and comfortable is something that a lot of parents obsess over. You are not alone, but luckily there are several worthy options out there and with a little time and patience you should be able to find the perfect fit for your family.