The Kuvings B6000 Whole Slow Juicer is typically an upright vertical masticating juicer, which uses a cold press technique to extract juice from different kinds of produce. It simply uses a slow-spinning single auger for crushing, squeezing and compressing fruits and vegetables. This auger moves quite slowly at 50rpm to 60 rpm so it doesn’t fold oxygen into the juice or heat it – both of which can easily spoil the juice. This is why the juice extracted using B6000 juicer can be stored for quite long time without losing nutrition and that is why it’s also referred to as a cold-press, slow juicer. We touch on some of the aspects that make a masticating juicer a better choice, and the B6000 delivers on most of these.
Unlike centrifugal juicers, which operate at a very high speed of about 6000 – 13000rpm and spinning the produce using sharp blades, masticating juicers work quite differently. For instance, Kuvings B6000 Whole Slow Juicer grinds and masticates the produce, then spins it using strong and tough augers to extract quality juice from the pulp. This particular technique doesn’t need a high speed to extract juice and cold-press juicers always operate at a speed of 50 to 60 rotations per minute. Additionally, this technique retains all the nutrients in the juice and prevents heat from building up.
This upright juicing machine has received some excellent scores from owners despite being one of the more expensive models you can buy. It has its advantages and disadvantages, but it is one juicer that comes with very high recommendation rates. Let’s see what makes the Kuvings B6000 such a special juicer.
• Stronger ULTEM screw – Kuvings B6000 Whole-Slow juicer also contains a longer and stronger ULTEM screw for cutting whole vegetables and fruits while juicing, minimizing nutrient loss and oxidation from pre-cutting ingredients. The specially designed compression blade of this screw masticates the ingredients with force at optimum angles.
• 240W heavy-duty motor – this particular type of masticating juicer comes with a 240W motor designed in such a way that it produces less vibration and noise, and offers fresher juice as well.
• 3’’ wide feed chute– this is another crucial feature that comes with this great juicer. It’s always wider compared to other the leading types of juicers on the market. With this, you only need to feed whole vegetables and fruits to the chute even without cutting them.
• Low-speed masticating technology (J.M.C.S) is yet another unique technology found in the B6000 that produces a 100% pure and natural juice by gently pressing vegetables or fruits with a slow-rotating screw rather than grinding it with fast-rotating blades. This is to reduce the nutrient loss.
• Eco-friendly materials – this juicer is designed and developed with eco-friendly materials. For instance, the juice cup, juicing bowl, and pulp cup are all made of Eastman TritanTM. The strainer and screw are also made of ULTEM – an eco-friendly and semi-transparent advanced material.
1. Easy to clean – Unlike many types of vertical auger juicers, Kuvings’ B600 juicers are easy to clean. It has a good design and comes with some special tools that make cleaning quite easy. While the screen is the hardest part to clean, this particular juicer comes with a green-cleaning frame mostly used in cleaning vertical masticating juicers.
2. It’s quiet – Kuvings’ B6000 juicer operates at a speed of 50 – 60rpm and that is why it’s quiet than other types of juicers. However, when it comes to the vertical slow juicers, it’s the loudest because it has a more powerful motor that needs to work quite harder to extract juice from whole veggies and fruits.
3. Comes with a 10-year warranty – The B6000 also comes with an impressive 10-year warranty so that you can juice with a little better peace of mind knowing that if something happens your investment is covered.
4. It has a 3’’ feed chute – In fact, this is the first and the only vertical masticating juicer designed with a full size feed chute – big enough to take most fruits and vegetables whole. This means that you don’t need to pre-cut your produce. However, vegetables with long fibers still need to be pre-cut to avoid clogging the auger.
5. Compact footprint – because B600 is an upright masticating juicer, it’s ideal for small kitchens over horizontal juicers.
6. Best all-round juicer – when it comes to speed, centrifugal juicers are the best, but always produce the worst quality and yield of juice. On the other hand, horizontal kind of juicers is best when it comes to leafy greens. In that regard, Kuvings B6000 Whole Slow Juicer is the best for a mix of leafy and firmer produce and offers the best yield and quality of juice.
1. It’s slower – As its name suggests, B6000 whole slow juicer takes longer time to juice.
2. It’s not good for leafy vegetables alone –for example, if you want to make a juice from wheatgrass, spinach or kale alone, the yield would be low compared to horizontal masticating juicers.
The Kuvings B6000 Whole Slow Juicer is the best one currently available out there. It’s definitely one of the best hi-end juicers, which extracts juice from fruits and veggies with the highest efficiency, leaving extremely dry pulp. It is not a perfect juicing machine by any means, but its new and innovative features for an upright masticating juicer make it something worth consideration when shopping.